We're bringing you all information and news about Pottermore. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!
Here are our predictions about J.K. Rowling’s new book.
1) It won’t be a fantasy novel. J.K. Rowling has said that her new book will be “very different” than Harry Potter. If very different means what I am thinking, she won’t even go near wizards and all of fantasy.
2) No vampires or werewolves. Must we explain?
3) It will be a thriller, mystery or drama. Out of all of the genre’s out there, we have narrowed it down to these three. If she won’t do fantasy, she will probably do other fiction. She seems like the type that would enjoy thrillers/suspense novels, mysteries or other dramas. Also, these are the most highly read adult genres out there. And if she does write mysteries, there will be many a red herrings.
4) It won’t be part of a series. J.K. Rowling has stated before that she did not like to work on a deadline, and she probably doesn’t want to start another commitment like Harry Potter.
5) It will be released in 2013. If further announcements will be made later this year, and if all things go as J.K. Rowling things go, the book probably won’t be released until 2013. If it is in 2013, it will probably be earlier in the year. If it is not released in 2013 but in 2012, it won’t be until later in the year. I would think that printing millions of copies of a book would take months.
6) She’s been writing it for awhile. She has had 5 years since Harry Potter to write, and her status has been the same for two years on Twitter; “…pen and paper is my priority at the moment.” She also has been quoted many a times over the past few years that she is writing hard on a new work.
All we know for sure that it is a book that is already rocking the publishing world. Many people have already shared their predictions about her new book. Most notably of those is fellow Edinburgh author Ian Rankin who said on Twitter, “Wouldn’t it be funny if J K Rowling’s first novel for adults turned out to be a crime story set in Edinburgh? My word yes.”
CAN’T WAIT?! Share your thoughts and predictions about J.K. Rowling’s new book below in the comments!