At the cusp of launching the first four chapters of Chamber of Secrets to Slytherin House, Pottermore did some major renovating to the site. These are not only renovations, but also temporary changes.
I’ve compiled a list of all the changes to Pottermore and my prediction of their reasoning. I’ve also included a list of the locked sections and why I think they are locked. You can read the list below.
- The Great Hall: Pottermore has brought down the congratulatory House Cup banners, and today it resumes to its normal state. All the House Cup banners are gone and all you have are the four House banners. The only sign of the House Cup is a small badge next to the Slytherin House Crest. It was smart of Pottermore to get these out of the way before they launched the new book.
- Diagon Alley: Though the school-shopping chapter is unlocked, Slytherins are not able to buy any of their school supplies. This could be because Pottermore does not want Slytherin users to buy all their supplies before everyone else does. I would think it would be easier to let all of us go and buy our supplies than just one house.
- Diagon Alley: The shops are not yet updated to accomodate the new book. The books in Flourish and Blotts still carry our requirements for Year 1. Potage’s Cauldron Shop also lists another cauldron, a silver cauldron, even though it is not yet purchasable. Also, other shops that were expected to open are not. Again, Pottermore will likely wait until tomorrow to update these areas.
- Diagon Alley: Pottermore has currently locked Diagon Alley’s South Side to all Slytherin users. If you are in another house, you can still travel there, but all the shops are still unlocked. One of the reasons for this could be because all of our shopping will be done down in the South Side.
- Knockturn Alley: Since Diagon Alley’s South Side is closed, Knockturn Alley is too, even though we were travelling through it in chapter four. It will most likely be unlocked tomorrow. If not, then perhaps in book six(?)
We will be working through the night on a comprehensive guide for the four chapters. If you are in another house and waiting for Chamber of Secrets, you can use this guide tomorrow for help. Please come back tomorrow (around 8am) for that.